The Ultimate Plant Based food; Carosesa Is More Than Delicious, It is Nutritious Too...
When Carob Met Sesame This Two Ingredient Treat Was Born…
Yes, only TWO ingredients! Tired of picking up so-called ’healthy’ products and seeing a long list of ingredients? Us too. Rest assured, with Carosesa, two means two; Carob and Sesame and NOTHING else.
Both our ingredients start off as a plant; the sesame pods are picked from the stems, dried and the sesame seeds removed, then the tahini is made by crushing the seeds together. The carob pods are picked, dried, then are heated in a vacuum at a steady temperature so as not to kill the nutrients to produce the molasses. We care greatly about retaining the nutritional value, unlike many other brands of tahini or indeed any type of molasses, we do not boil our raw ingredients, nor do we add anything to them, for example some add glucose syrup to thicken and sweeten, but we find that unnecessary and negates the purity of our product.
Anyone who has tried Carosesa can testify to its incredible taste, a medley of sweet and savoury…the new umami perhaps?
With so many uses and so many nutritional benefits, we thought we’d list our top 6 health reasons as to why you should buy your very own jar of Carosesa today, read on to find out more…
6 health reasons as to why you should buy carosesa.
Contains A Multitude Of Minerals - Carob molasses increases your calcium and iron intake. Calcium is important for bone health, whilst iron is crucial in keeping your body oxygenated. Carob is also a great source of meat-free protein. Other vitamins and minerals found in carob include; A, B2, B3, B6, copper, manganese, potassium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, fibre and pectin.
2. Energy Boost - The calories in carob molasses come from carbohydrates. For optimum health, aim to get 45 percent to 65 percent of your calories from carbs. Carbs are needed in your diet because they are your body's preferred source of energy, particularly your nervous system, which most importantly includes your brain. A natural source of sweetness, crucial carbs from carob molasses are absorbed easily, resulting in a quick and efficient source of energy. Note to gym bunnies - the perfect fix before a workout.
3. Rich Taste Of Chocolate But Much, Much Healthier - Carob comes without the associated calories, fat or caffeine that comes with standard chocolate. Being high in fiber means you feel full for longer too. Similar to quality raw dark chocolate, carob is a great source of antioxidants, so you don’t miss a thing.
4. Supple Gorgeous Skin Needs Zinc - Sesame seeds contain a significant source of zinc which is an important component in the formation of collagen, which is responsible for promoting the muscle tissue in skin. Sesame is also rich in vitamin E which is known to reduce the appearance of marks and burns on the skin, as well as helping in the prevention of the signs of skin aging.
5. Sesame Can Keep Your Bones Beautifully Strong - Sesame seeds contain a significant source of zinc and calcium, which are found to increase bone mineral density and overall bone health. Though we can’t see our bones, their importance cannot be underestimated, anyone with arthritis will tell you the aches and pains weak bones can cause, protect your bones by regularly exercising and eating foods high in calcium and zinc.
6. Helps Your Hair To Be In Optimum Health - Sesame seeds are full of plant polyphenols which foster hair health. Sesame seeds also contain essential fatty acids such as omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 which are widely said to promote hair growth.